"What is it exactly that makes 4-H unique? Many of those who see the powerful impacts demonstrated by 4-H each and every day know both directly and intuitively what makes 4-H special: They see a child's eyes light up through the process of mastering a new concept or task. They witness a once-shy teenager standing in front of her peers delivering a project lesson. Or they see a caring adult volunteer helping kids become effective leaders by providing opportunities for them to practice leadership in their communities. As we start to tell our story several recurring themes become evident.
- 4-H provides leadership opportunities early and often.
- 4-H provides sustained programming that often spans 10+ years.
- 4-H promotes strong youth-adult connections, often transcending multiple generations.
- 4-H delivers projects that are research-based, inquiry-based, and experimental.
- 4-H boasts one of the largest volunteer networks of any youth organization.
- 4-H incorporates positive youth development concepts into each aspect of program delivery.
- 4-H is inclusive and community-based.
- 4-H encourages youth to engage in their communities and give back.
Want to be a part of the fun? Contact the Modoc 4-H Office at 233-6400 for information about a 4-H club in your community."